Oftentimes when God has an assignment for you, it seems that the deliberation of fulfilling the task is much greater than the actual execution of the task. What's impossible to you is achievable for God. There are couples whose broken marriages will be restored through the example of your Godly marriage, if you allow God to use you as a paradigm.
The word impossible is not in God’s vocabulary because he has unassembled, rethought and rearranged it into possible. Remember, with him all things are possible to them who believe. Allow your belief to outshine your issues so that relationships that are not as mature as yours can see the light of God through your unconditonal love for one another.
When coupled with a strong desire to channel God’s will for your married life, he will provide a conduit to release the blessings that have been called into being so that other couples will be blessed by your witness.
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds 2Cor 10:4.
Do you know the Rules of Engagement? Are you suited up for battle? Are you armed and ready to defend your marriage against the things that threaten to destroy it? If not, you need to put on the full armor of God, so that you can take a stand against the devil's schemes. Here are the 6 things that you will need;
1. Your breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS to protect your heart from being broken and saturated with untrue influences and hurt feelings that will prevent you from doing what's right.
2. Your belt of TRUTH to protect your soul which is the center of your being that holds the key to your emotions so that the truth will always be revealed to you.
3. Shoes to spread the gospel of PEACE to stomp on the ungodly devices that try to enter in your relationship to keep you worried and anxious and jeopardize your sense of peace.
4. Your shield of FAITH to block the ungodly attacks and fiery darts from those who choose to spread malicious gossip and vile accusations to cause hopeless that leads to discord in your marriage.
5. Your helmet of SALVATION to protect your head and your mind from evil and impure thoughts that can threaten your well being and devastate the salvation of your union.
6. Your sword of the SPIRIT which is the word of God to keep your spirit lifted in times of trouble and pierce the fleshly things that can penetrate the fiber of your marriage
For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised. We must offer a sacrifice of praise unto the Lord which is the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his holy name.
When you praise God for all that he has done in your life, you are honoring who he is and the things that he's created.
He who was and is and is to come, he is sovereign, that's why you praise him for his loving kindness, his goodness and mercy and his splendor and glory.
You should praise him when you wake in the morning, as you go throughout your day and before you sleep at night. That means constantly because without him there is no us.
When you praise the Lord together you are creating unified exaltation which demonstrates that you magnify his holy name. There is power in your convenant, so use that power to bind the things that keep you from praising God and loose the things that will allow your praise to flow. You will then see how blessings will be released through your sacifice of praise.
Hebrews 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
"Dont marry someone you can't live with, marry someone you can't live without.."
Do you use sex as a tool to manipulate your spouse into giving you what you want or withhold it as a weapon to get back at your spouse when you're angry? Do you fake headaches when you"re frustrated with your spouse or play tired when you know that you're not? Sounds like the average marriage.
1Cor 7:3-4 says The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife."
These passages of scripture are saying that your body does not belong to you, so it doesn't matter how mad you get, or how tired you are or how frustrated you are, you still have to fulfill your sexual obligations to one another, no is not an option. God created sex to be enjoyed in your marriage, don't see it as a chore, see it as a gift. The marriage bed is undefiled so don't be ashamed to enjoy what God was not ashamed to create.
Take time to cultivate and maintain a healthy and satisfying intimate sexual relationship so that you keep a strong connection with each other. Not only in the bedroom but in all of your life's endeavors. Remember sexual intimacy is food for your relationship, just like the word of God is food for your soul.